Thursday, May 30, 2013

Last Week of School

When I started this blog, it was my intention to post daily, or at least every other day. However, this past week has been so busy EVERY day that all I could manage to do when I got home was sit on the couch and try not to drool. This is the last week of school, which of course means I have been packing up EVERYTHING in my classroom. I don't have a list of "Things I Most Dislike," but if I did, packing would be in the top three. It's not just the packing, it's the loading it in the car. I live in Texas and it has been 90-100 degrees every day as I have made trip after trip after trip after trip to my car. I have one last load to put in Britton's truck tomorrow morning and then he and I will get to take ALL the boxes out of TWO very large vehicles and put it all in my new classroom tomorrow afternoon. The UNpacking of the boxes will not take place until MUCH later in the summer as they will not be thought of again until at LEAST August.

In addition to packing (loading, hauling, sweating, tripping once and skinning my knee) my teaching team and I also took all of our 5th graders to the park on Tuesday.  We lined up like ducks and walked to the park carrying coolers full of water, basketballs, frisbees, and a wide assortment of "fun stuff." We all had such a good time and were exhausted when we returned to school in time to sit in the air conditioning for a few minutes before dismissing.
 Lined Up and Ready to GO!

A Little B-Ball

 
 Swinging (talking, giggling, fixing each other's hair)

 Time Out For Some Cold Water...

And a Snack!

It was hard to top our super fun Tuesday at the park, but we managed to do it with a trip to our local amusement park on Wednesday!
 Waiting for Pizza!

 SO FUN!!!

Sweet Girls
 Hang On!

 Splish Splash!

My Teaching Team and Me...
It would be impossible to describe how much fun I have had with these two!!

Nicole




No comments:

Post a Comment