Friday, May 24, 2013

Playday

Today was outdoor playday at school. The students and teachers look forward to this all year long. I know after the volleyball pictures yesterday and playday today, it might seem like we never really teach! We actually teach and work hard all year long so we can have a little fun the last few days of school. We have a walk to the park planned for next week as well as a trip to our local amusement park! It's a hard job, but someone's got to do it.

Playday consists of several bouncy, jumpy, slidy, slick with water, things. I know there has to be a name for these "things" but I don't know what it is. Playday also has snow cones, pickle pops, candy, Gatorade and an assortment of other playday essentials. One of my teaching partners brought an e n o r m o u s water gun and walloped with great force delicately sprayed some of our students. My other teaching partner and I conquered the wet, jumpy, maze-like, slide. Our students cheered us on and even helped us get up at the end...not that we needed it or anything! Playday was a success and fun was had by all!

Gracefully conquering THE SLIDE...yes, that's me on the left

My sweet buddies

The 2nd picture was NOT suppose to be a movie, but that's what you get when a 5th grader is handling the camera!

Off to start a three day weekend!
Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment