Monday, May 20, 2013

Goodbye and A New Beginning

I have a biiiiig change in my very near future. My school that has been home to me for the past eight years is closing its doors at the end of this school year. On May 31, I will leave my school for the very last time. I will leave behind eight years of memories and head into a new adventure. I am both sad and excited. The thing I will miss most is spending all day, every day, with my dear friends. We are all headed to different places. I have been so lucky to have made the best of friends during the last eight years. We have truly been like a family. We have had soooo many times where we have laughed so hard...the kind of laugh where no sound is coming out and tears are running down our faces. These girls and boy (shout out Chad!) and I have celebrated engagements, weddings, babies, and graduations as well as some very dark and sad events. Each of the happy events was made more special because of our friendships. Each sad day was made more bearable and manageable because of our friendships. I know these friendships will continue to be strong, but I think it has been the best thing ever to spend every day with my favorite people and I will miss seeing them every day so so much.

I am also excited to be starting a whole new chapter in a brand new school. I am thrilled that I will still be teaching 5th grade science (the best grade and subject!) and am looking forward to settling into my new classroom. I have a lot of packing, moving, unpacking, organizing and on and on and on ahead of me in the next few months, but I am going into it with excitement. Wellllllll, it really is hard to get excited about the packing part, THERE IS SO MUCH STUFF! But the rest of it will be an adventure. This blog will be a place to share that adventure as well as some tidbits of my everyday life.

Until then, if you have some free time on your hands, come by room 110 and grab a box and some packing tape :)

Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment