Tuesday, May 21, 2013

A Highly Recommended Book


Last night I finished reading a book which was excellent. It is called The Light Between Oceans by ML Stedman. I can't recall ever reading a book that actually made me cry, but this one did. It is the first book by this author and in my opinion it was beautifully written. As a member (is it called a "member" if all you have to do is sign up?) of Goodreads, I saw this book mentioned as a great read by other readers many times. The teachers who I teach with and I do not have an official book club, but we are always recommending books to each other and end up reading alot of the same books.  We do discuss them briefly as we pop our heads into each other's classrooms...I guess you could say we are on the fringes of a book club! Another teacher at my school is going to start The Light Between Oceans today. I hope she enjoys it as much as I did!

Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment