Friday, January 3, 2014

Spa Day

A few days ago, my daughter and I got massages. Gracie's birthday is December 21st (she came home from the hospital on Christmas Eve in a stocking!!...I die from the cuteness) and it has become a tradition that we have a spa day each year in celebration of her birthday. This year, for one reason or another, we were not able to get appointments until December 30th.

Now, the place we go is Niiiiiiiccccceeeeee! As soon as we walk in, everyone there treats us as if the ONLY reason they got up that morning, was to ensure our comfort and relaxation during our spa experience. We start by slipping into the softest robes EVER. I don't know what these robes are made out of, but they remind me of the Hanes commercials where the man is wearing kittens. Honestly, it feels like we are wearing kittens.
I apologize for the poor picture quality, but you must understand the dark, tranquil, aromatic, kitten coziness just didn't lend itself to a great picture with my iphone. We couldn't wait to move on to the next part of our spa experience: Hot Tea
In our real life, Gracie and I do not drink hot tea. In our spa life, it is the best!! We always look forward to it and we always choose the same flavor. Gracie chooses cinnamon and I choose peppermint. So for about 20 minutes we sink into comfy chairs in our kitten robes sipping hot tea as if this is our job. Then a "spa attendant" gently whispers our name (like the library, people ONLY whisper at the spa) and we go our separate ways to get our massages.
Oh man. Wowwwwwwwwww. For an hour, I don't think one time about lesson plans, seating arrangements, the sun, the moon and the earth (our concept for next week) or grades. It is awesome.We left the spa feeling refreshed, relaxed and happy.
 
And then yesterday happened. My back. It hurts to move, breathe, blink. Too much vigorous massaging? A pulled muscle? I don't blame the massage 100% but I do think it is a bit of a coincidence. I sat in an awkward position in my chair allllllll day yesterday with these two best friends.
I have the same plan today. However, this small set back (no pun intended) will NOT deter me from missing out on spa day next year. Maybe I should just find a package that includes the kitten robe and hot tea without the massage??
 
 
Nicole
 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment